Sunday, June 15, 2014

And I thought I was having a bad day

I took Henry and my dad out for a float on the Upper St Croix Saturday after the monsoons passed.  From the previous week's success (sorry Russ and Scott about not getting pics) I thought we'd have a great float.
It was a little slow.  Dad hooked a few fish but nothing for Henry (he thought he lost a musky however).

What really caught our eye was a twisted canoe.

I check everything since I found a loaded Ruger 45 in a duffel bag on the river 2 years ago.  We even tried to free the canoe so it wouldn't take up the river but no luck.  High water I'm sure will bust it free.  I hope everyone was OK.  Fortunately the flows over the past week right around the 2,000 cfs so it wasn't dangerous.

Fishing should become more consistent in the coming weeks.  Good flows will keep the larger fish up river and allow us to get to them in the boat.  Normally after July 4th it's wade fishing time but we might catch a break this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment