Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fishing Update

It has been busy the past few weeks.  We've hit the St Croix a bunch of times but mainly wade fishing.  It's been great and we even hooked a few small muskies
The water came down through July and we couldn't get the boat on the Upper Upper St Croix and the wade fishing has been great around Cty Rd T and above (don't get lost though - we did).
It's also been nice because you can really work a spot thoroughly and see fish like this walleye and get it on the fly (my first on the fly, the next one was 21 inches but still difficult to get a good pic on).

It's also easier to manage the little rug-rats.
I've done a few floats too in the Grantsburg area and the water is getting pretty low.  We had to drag the boat a few times but it's been worth it.  I also fished the Snake from Pine City to the St Croix for the first time a few weeks ago.  Great water, it was maybe a little low when we went down but I will definitely do it every year from here on out. 

But summer is coming to an end, we've been in Minong almost every weekend since May.  I'll be heading to Washington to fish the Klickitat the 24th & 25th for steelhead, wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Musky! Aren't they all good? Really like the scene pic of St. Croix. I did the same -waded our Volga River as water too low for a float. This river is smaller so felt like I was pulling smallies out of a trout stream! that was cool. Good luck in WA. OR and WA are great although I haven't gotten to f.fish there. Post pics/story pls. If u get a chance, google 'Salmon Camp, MI, John Beuter'. It's in MI end of Sept. All on the fly. Night fishing, camping. etc.

    ReplyDelete