Friday, June 21, 2013

St Croix was Hot!

I know I said in a New Year's resolution that I wasn't just going to just post fish pictures and instead get better action shots - this is going to be an exception.

Blake got his biggest SMB career to date - a 17 inch beut.  SMBs were almost all on topwater - finally.
And while he and Scott were casting topwater I followed up with a wounded minnow pattern and this fella came out of nowhere - my biggest pike ever.
A nice part about fishing in rural NW Wisconsin is that on your drive back you can fire off a few rounds.  Blake and I are working on Yeti promotion shots - and this was the first firing of my new AR-15.  Only $1.10 a round!
We head to Door County for a week vacation.  It's mainly going to be gear fishing but we have a musky day Tuesday and I'm bringing the fishing boat for SMB and walleye action.  No flats carp plans.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! How long was the pike? Plan to be in the TC area a week from tomorrow to fish with a friend. Maybe we'll hit the Croix too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 36 inches. Good luck next week - there has been a lot of rain so hopefully you can find a place to fish. The guides have been having a difficult time this year finding good water. There are lots of tiger muskies in the Twin Cities lakes - what a great fall back option.

    ReplyDelete