Sunday, January 6, 2013

Musky Fly Time

It's winter now and I've been working on some great musky flies.  But before I get to that - take a look at this video I was slow on uploading.  This was a 36 incher caught on the Namekagon in late October.

Underwater Musky Release from >Charles Metzig on Vimeo.

I've been working on a bunch of musky flies.  Most the Supercharger by Jared Ehlers - here's a pic.

 
You do go through an entire packet of Flasabou per fly.
 
Here are the video links for tying (it is pretty quick and easy).
 
Next up is spinning deer hair for heads.  But first I head to Florida for a little redfishing.


1 comment:

  1. Pat & Jared Ehlers are exc guys and I highly recommend The Fly Fishers store in WI. My buddy and I landed a couple musky with Superchargers in N. WI 2 yrs ago. It really is a nice -and quick- tie! I've only completed 1 spun deer hair fly. Who knows when that will again be attempted! Thanks for sharing & good luck with the redfishing!

    ReplyDelete