Monday, August 29, 2011

Upper, Upper, Upper St Croix

The past 2 weekends the flows have been perfect to float a very upper section of the St Croix from County T Landing down to Louise Park Landing.  On the map it doesn't look like very much water but the water is prime, the shuttle is short, and the fish don't have any pressure. 

Russ, Austin and I floated August 20th and we got a number of quality fish.
The picture I wish I had would be of Austin holding a 35 plus inch Muskie.  He was fishing the Skitter Prop when a big fish took it.  Austin did great and battled the fish close enough to the boat for us to get a good look at her before the she turned her head and bit him off.

The 27th Brian and I fished the same stretch of river and because of the previous weekend's results, I had high expectations and it didn't disappoint.
Brian caught a bunch of nice fish with this 20 inch fish as the best.
I also finally put the Bank Robber through a little test and loved it.  Hopefully next weekend and can get some better use and I'll right a little report.  I was using the heaviest tip on the Rio Versitip for a 7 wt and it casted great - and I was throwing an articulated Butt Monkey - Kelly Galloup would be very proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment