Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July and a huge storm

Brittany the boys and I took an extra long weekend at the cabin in Minong over the 4th.  Blake, Grant and I floated the upper St. Croix at Cty Rd T to Louise Friday - caught a bunch of smallies but nothing of any size.
 Grant Grinna (Double G) was in the bow of the boat and hooked this catfish on a shallow shad rap in a riffle (which I initially thought was a Muskie) and from the picture you can tell he didn't want to touch it.
The big news happened that afternoon however - we had 80 mph straighline winds that destroyed the area.  Fortunately we were not hurt badly but look at some of these pictures (not all mine).
Wall cloud from Solon Springs

 Red pine plantation by Danbury.
 Tuber shuttle smashed at Riverside.  The Riverside landing is destroyed, this was still there Tuesday on our drive back.
Red pines by Totagatic Cty Park on the Minong Flowage.

We canoed the St. Croix Saturday
 I thought Henry was going to be scared for life after the first 2 rapids - he recovered and both did great on their trip.
 The take-out was destroyed though - look at this tent.
And this is what we had to drag the canoes over.

Lastly, I tried out some of the camera functions - look at these firework shots that night - I need my tripod next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment